Friday, April 23, 2021

No Pain, No Gain


Well my lucky shirt did not hold off the vaccination side effects all that long. Did last to the 12-hour post-shot mark OK. But hours 13 through 24 were just plain awful.

Hubby and I are generally very healthy (knock on wood) so it's been years since I had anything resembling the flu. I forgot how much I hate it. I forgot what a wimp I am!

Just go down the checklist on the left up there – had both warmth and chills (fun combo), fatigue but I couldn't sleep (another fun combo), big time headache this morning, and oh the muscle and joint pain! That was the main reason I couldn't sleep. Couldn't get comfortable. And my left arm still hurts. So I slept in a bit this morning and started work late. Just couldn't move.

Jim had these side effects, too. But his arm didn't hurt as much since he exercised it yesterday. I'm going to predict one more rough night of sleep since we're definitely not at 100%. But as I said, any short-lived symptoms are worth going through for the end result. Keep your eye on the prize.

No pain, no gain!

No comments: