Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! I hope you could enjoy and appreciate the miracle of Easter that Christ has risen.  

Easter reminds me that things aren't always as they seem. 

Potato salad? Nope. Sliced apples in vanilla pudding for apple Snicker salad. Christ is dead? Nope. He has risen! 

And look who else rose today. Carter got on the road from Platteville before 7 a.m. to get here for 9:30 church with me. Of course, to get here on time for church with me would have meant a 6:30 departure to get here on time. But at least he was coming.

Didn't make it to in-person church but watched the livestream on TV together. So kind of the same.

He was here less than 8 hours but we made the most of it. A lot talking and catching up, some visiting around the neighborhood, then meal delivery to Grandpa and Grandma Austin in town (still social distancing). After that, we sat down to our own meal at home.

Yes, I made Easter dinner and yes, I did choose all the easy foods: mainly ham, crockpot cheesy potatoes, and that apple-Snicker salad. 

Happy to send plenty back with him. Also sent back a basket for his girlfriend, who spent Easter with her family. I'm proud of myself for not stealing too many of their peanut butter eggs while filling the baskets! (They'll never know!)

Since the weather was gorgeous again – at least 73 – I walked around the lake after Carter left. Felt like a real spring evening. Even heard the early peepers! 

All this fresh air this weekend has been amazing. I should feel springy and rejuvenated but instead am ready for bed, know I will sleep like a log, and don't even want to think about an alarm.

Hope you had a joyous Easter weekend as well!

No comments: