Thursday, April 1, 2021

Playing the Fool


It's a cruel trick to have the opening day of the baseball season on April Fools' Day. I mean look at last year. We got fooled into thinking we had a full season ahead. Then bam. Stupid pandemic and we were celebrating opening day in late July.

Today I was excited as the pre-pandemic photo above because it seemed "pretty sure" we'd be starting today. And doubly excited because my Twins were going to be on TV here since their first series is against the Brewers. Never mind that it was in the middle of the work day.

So I took a late lunch to watch the first inning on TV, then listened to most of the rest of the game on Sirius radio. Most is the key word here.

The Twins had a healthy lead after the 8th inning so I took a walk to go deliver some senior photos. I was listening to an audio book, oblivious in my Twins sweatshirt. Got home and hubby asked if I was OK. Then said the Brewers came back and won. 

I'm like, no, this is an April Fool's joke. I mean you know my husband! But nope. Jokes on me. Twins lost 6-5.

The bright spot is that IT'S BASEBALL SEASON! And we'll have a hundred more games than last year to win – or make fools of ourselves. 

Play ball!

#twinsterritory #wintwins


No comments: