Monday, April 5, 2021

Sprung!


Big day today! Spring has sprung! Not only did we reach 80+ degrees here (seriously), but Mr. Deck Chair sprung out of winter hibernation!

He needs a serious shower, but there will be two days of rain coming so he'll get a nice spring bath.


Even Sylvester noticed the difference. Instead of finding her sprawled out on the heated bathroom floor, she was nestled in the window sill, keeping a nosy eye on the birds and the bees in the neighborhood.

Too bad it was a work day! Still, I got in a lunchtime walk and, since we didn't have the high winds today, it was nice to actually open my office windows and let in some fresh air. No fresh ideas, though. My only ideas were how soon I could get done with work and get outside! It seriously was 81 degrees here at 5 p.m.

Wow! 

I'm hoping this is the real spring and not one more tease from Mother Nature. That would be brutal to both me and Mr. Deck Chair. Well, hubby, too, since he's off golfing in the real outdoors this evening. Can't wait for my clubs to spring out of hibernation. Maybe Mr. Deck Chair can have a word with them.

Let's keep spring springing forward! 

No comments: