Sunday, April 11, 2021

Green Jacket Weather


Since it's Sunday, it's fitting I said "Amen" a few times today. Several times watching online church and then later when talking about Amen Corner at the pristine Augusta National Golf Club. 

I don't watch golf every week. But definitely tune into the majors when I can – plus my company's Sentry Tournament of Champions – and always watch The Masters. Well, Sunday for sure. I don't like runaway victories. I like it when it's close and interesting on Sunday.

And today was again. 

Japan's Hideki Matsuyama was 5 strokes ahead at one point and ended up winning by just one. Congrats to him. And big congrats to rookie Will Zalatoris, who is just a year older than my kid and taking home $1.2 million for finishing second this weekend. 

Uhm... Perhaps I should've stressed golf over academics when Carter was growing up!

Anyway, fun to see most of the final round today. Had a family photo shoot that was a hoot and a half. We know the 5 "kids" of the parents celebrating their 60th. Jim and my sister-in-law grew up with them. I did my best to get a group shot of all 4 generations present and some smaller groups shots. Just like our Hedberg family pictures of us 8 kids and our kids, it takes a village to herd the cats. I think I got enough of them to turn out, though.

Got home by 3 p.m. and anchored myself to Mr. Recliner. I just might finish off the evening like that, too.

Can I get an "amen"?

No comments: