Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Car Park

I may be watching too much British television. A parking lot can also be called a "car park." Taking your car to the mechanic for new tires and finding something is broken also means your car's gonna be parked. For a day.

Isn't that the way it goes? Go in for one simple thing and find out there's all kinds of things happening out of sight.

So yes, thanks to some broken knuckle – not caused by a fight – we've got our boy here an extra day. The mechanic hopes to get the knuckle – one preferably not attached to fingers – in the morning so they can fix up Carter's vehicle and he'll head back to Platteville.

In the meantime, he did ask if he could borrow my car to go get ice cream. "That's the only place it goes," I said. And smiled at how well I have him trained!

These are few of my favorite things!

Of course, I realized after the fact that King Cone opens tomorrow. But I suppose there's no law against having ice cream two days in a row. By the time they open, though, I won't have a willing errand boy around – if all goes on schedule.

Kind of think my car could drive there itself! My car might not share, though!

No comments: