Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Inching Along

I don't know who's praying for rain – still – but it's working. We got another inch in the past 24 hours, with 3/4 of an inch just this afternoon. It was just pouring.

The good news was that I didn't have to do the yard work I was merely pondering doing anyway. The bad news is that hubby's golf got canceled. Even though it's sunny now, I'm sure conditions are sloppy at best.

The weird thing is that after it was done raining and I went outside to look for a rainbow, I saw a foggy, misty cloud coming off our roof. Since we're at 98% humidity today, I wondered if maybe the garage was holding serious heat in contrast to the cold rain?? I don't know. I was not that warm out today so who knows?

My flowers are still drinking it in and not getting overhydrated yet. Mr. Deck Chair, though, is begging for some serious bonding time with me. I think Mother Nature will cooperate the next few evenings.

In the meantime, I will start going through my Alaska pictures. I made a little progress just looking through the eagle pictures from that one beach visit. I don't know if anyone wants to see 60-plus pictures of eagles, but I could share them on a future blog if you do! Eventually I'll get through the 3,000 other pictures, too.

Just like the rain gauge, I'll keep inching along.



 

No comments: