Monday, June 14, 2021

One More Sleep



Finally down to counting hours before our departure. Of course, that's just for our flight time. Our shuttle from our hotel to the airport leaves in 8 hours, 10 minutes. So it's bedtime for us!

I left home mid-afternoon and headed west. Even though it was plenty warm out, I dressed in my flying clothes -- a t-shirt and jeans. I kept the sweatshirt off for the drive to the Cities. Well of course I had to get ice cream for my drive. I am on vacation after all. So of course I leaned over to do something on the passenger side and dipped my right, uhm, side of my chest into the ice cream in my cup holder. So I was wiping my shirt down and when I picked up the ice cream it dripped onto my jeans.

Needless to say, by the time I got to the hotel, I had a crusty t-shirt. I spotwashed the jeans, but when my niece Caryn dropped my sister off, I sent my shirt home with her. I don't have room for dirty laundry in my suitcase yet!

So now I'm down a shirt but if I end up having enough, you know I overpacked anyway (or felt compelled to buy one. Hard not to do when we'll experience all 4 seasons. I have everything from a swimsuit to a warm fleece jacket. Bring it on, Alaska!

We'll be ready for you in just a few short hours!


No comments: