Sunday, June 13, 2021

Almost Out of Your Way


Well someone's anxious for me to take a vacation. Well maybe two someones. A human AND a cat. She's staring at that map like "go already!"

I've had to pack in my office so Sylvester wouldn't freak out seeing the suitcase and think her human is leaving her. No, Princess, you get a break from ME. And it starts tomorrow!

I'll be heading over Minneapolis way in the afternoon. Renell and I will stay in a hotel by the airport and get a 6 a.m. shuttle to the airport on Tuesday. It'll be a direct flight to Anchorage, where we'll be welcomed with a sunny and 70+ degree day just to help us acclimate. Then it'll go downhill a bit. (Temperature-wise only, of course.)

I keep rearranging my suitcase contents to fit in layers! But it's pretty close to packed.

We had grad parties yesterday and today, plus a funeral yesterday for Jim's Aunt Elaine on his mom's side. And I had to get one round of golf in this morning because, well, I am technically on vacation already!

This was only the second punch in the 10-round punch cards my neighbor and I got for Christmas, so we'll be busy after my return!

But let's not talk about my return already!

I look forward to sharing my adventure with you and really, really appreciate all the tips for traveling in Alaska. 

Keep in mind Alaska is this big and we're only seeing this tiny section of it. Probably still worthy of a thousand pictures a day, wouldn't you say? I'll keep you posted.

No comments: