Saturday, June 5, 2021

Miles of Cake


After spending the night at my sister Romey's house outside Grantsburg, I got up and hit the road by 8 a.m. so I could be home at noonish and hubby and I could start our day of partying. I mean that literally: 3 graduation parties and 1 wedding.

The grad parties were for graduates from three different schools – Port Edwards, Nekoosa, and Assumption. Thankfully their start times were staggered at 1, 2 and 4 p.m. so we could hit them in a logical order. And no, I did not have cake at each one. Either I'm losing my touch or the 90+ degrees was too much.

After we stopped really briefly at the third party, we told them we might be back later after the wedding. Then went home to change into adult clothes and head to the wedding reception. The wedding happened during COVID last year so this was the celebration finally. Both the bride and groom's mothers were high school classmates of Jim's. And the newlyweds are neighbors now, too. So yep, we knew a few people.

On our way back from Stevens Point, we decided to stop back at the graduation party and it definitely was still going strong. Nice to see a ton of people and hang out awhile. Figured we'd better get home before midnight, though, since we've got plenty going on tomorrow, too. 

This is just how summer weekends roll. Too much to do in a short amount of summer-like time!

All worth it, though!


No comments: