Friday, June 11, 2021

The Weekend is Hare


We finally broke our streak of 90-degree days today. I think it was only 88, but still humid. So hot that even Mr. Rabbit from under his shed had to lay out in the sprinkling rain to cool off.

It's funny because, when it's hot inside the house, Sylvester will lay on the kitchen floor just like that or against the north wall to cool off. But with our working A/C cranked in the house, my heat-seeking sister was cold today and had to warm up on the heated bathroom floor. 


I think cats are part rabbit. I mean look at Sly's long back leg. Looks like Mr. Rabbit's. 

At least the humans of the house are comfortable. I haven't even turned on my electric mattress pad in a week now. Might cave tonight. We'll see. 

Last night I didn't turn it on because I was still hot from shooting pictures of baseball (they lost in their playoff game so they're done) and soccer (their game was suspended due to lightning but they won). Still ended up being a late night going through photos so I didn't blog. I figured you should get used to it anyway. I guess there won't be much cell phone service up in Alaska when we're near or between mountains. Which could be a lot.

After all this talk about the trip (3 days, 11 hours, and 43 minutes away), I finally got out the big suitcase tonight. That will fill fast since we will literally be dressing for 4 seasons! I actually had to measure our suitcases and will use our oldest one since it's 3 inches wider. Size matters for this trip!

Of course, part of my prep also includes getting some funds – and cashing in my Swear Jar. Which really is just a jar to deposit loose change for a good cause. And Alaska is it.


Any guesses how much was in there? It's a pretty big jar but only half full – even though my nephew says it should be overflowing if it's a real Swear Jar. "You golf," he said. That's a simple explanation! Anyway, I cashed out at $83.04. That should buy our first round of groceries up there! 

The next three days are gonna fly. Plenty going on. No time to lay around like lazy cats and rabbits, that's for sure.

Have a good weekend! It's finally hare!

No comments: