Sunday, June 6, 2021

Son-Day Fun Day

Because my car was begging me to log a thousand miles this weekend, I headed down to Iowa this morning. That and the fact my baby boy mentioned he and his lady friend are dog-sitting for her dad on his boat – parked in a marina on the Mississippi River in Dubuque. He said I'd love it and I said I'll see for myself.

And really, I had absolutely nothing on my agenda today. So why not make Sunday a Son-Day?

Since hubby had some other obligations, it was just me and my camera road-tripping. Carter and I headed downtown for lunch. Ate a cute cafe called Charlotte's Coffee Shop. We sat outside on a deck and when I saw the above mural just half a block away, I of course suggested a stroll after dinner! 

Later, we went downtown for ice cream (of course) and I got some more pictures of murals painted around town. Pretty cool stuff. My computer is moving slow so maybe I'll share those tomorrow night. I know you wanna see the dogs. Ha.


This is Jack. He's still a puppy and full of energy.


This is Charlie. He's 3 years old and doesn't want anyone loving "his" puppy more than him. 


And here's the back of the boat. Don't worry, we didn't take it anywhere with Gilligan in charge!


And zooming in on Carter and Mamie. They love the dogs and recognize cats are easier to take care of! 

Got home by 9 p.m. (It's only a 3-hour drive). And it was worth the long day. I did some nice photos that I'll share tomorrow (I'll give you one sneak peek below) – but it's bedtime. I may have fallen 5.7 miles short of a thousand, but this girl is tired.



No comments: