Saturday, September 25, 2021

An Even Par Day

You may regret returning to this blog and hoping that now that I'm all caught up with my sports photos, that I have something interesting to share. Well, this is it. Here's my list of accomplishments today....


Polished off the last of this yummy Viking Toast Kringle my friend Christine dropped off Wednesday night. A personal delivery from Racine! There's a reason they call it a Viking Kringle – and it's not because the crumbs fall wide right.

According to the O & H website, here's what you'll learn today about the Viking Toast Kringle: As the Vikings explored the lands beyond their shore, they came to experience many beautiful cities, including Paris, France. Now, what would a Viking visiting the City of Light do? Enjoy the vibrant culinary scene of course! In admiration of this visit, we have created this Kringle. We take a buttery maple cinnamon filling and layer it with silky smooth cream cheese, for that classic French Toast flavor. But all Vikings need a little extra uff-da, so we frost this Kringle in a Bourbon Vanilla icing and douse it in cinnamon sugar, for a wonderfully balanced combination of flavors. But you better get this Kringle fast, because, just like an open little café table in Paris, it'll be gone before you know it.

And it was!


And I was just sitting there eating a Kringle. I was watching Ryder Cup and drinking Pumpkin Spice coffee. I may or may not have spent at least 6 hours in the recliner today. And it's not even Sunday!


Between sessions, I went to the scrapbook store and they happened to be doing a free make-and-take today. So I made this lovely card! And found kayaking paper for my fall scrapbook weekend in less than a month!

I also accomplished getting my pictures ordered for that and started organizing whatever else I'll need. This is my only wide open weekend to get stuff done. And knowing there's a good chance I'll tune into some more golf tomorrow, I better get back to it!

Oh and can't forget my biggest accomplishment...


I successfully turned kitty into a spice girl. She enjoyed some of the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard that Jim brought home for me tonight.

Here she's either saying "Thank you, lesser human" or "Did you know I just licked my butt before I licked your ice cream?"

Still tasted fine to me! I guess I'm ahead going into tomorrow's competition. Actually if it involves ice cream, we're all winners.

No comments: