Saturday, September 4, 2021

Wait, We Still Have a Weekend Left


Our sunset view on the drive home tonight was reflective of the day. Mostly beautiful with some low-lying foggy parts.

Let's get the foggy parts out of the way first. What the heck, Badgers!? Sigh.

OK, now the good stuff...

My friend Cindy and I went down to Lake Arrowhead for their annual craft fair – every Labor Day weekend. Rain was done by midmorning so it was all good. We weren't there to buy anything. Just get ideas and say at least 38 times "I could make that." And we can!


Then we see signs like this and think, "You know, we should probably buy something to support these small businesses." We are nothing if not generous and big-hearted. But truthfully, we did get a lot of ideas for our Cricut Kingdom!

This afternoon after the Badgers stunk it up, I got a little sorting and organizing done in my Scrap Cave. I've got a scrapbooking weekend coming up next month so I better figure out what pictures I need printed for that. No rest for the wicked scrappers!

Didn't spend a ton of time in there since we were taking Cindy and Mike out to eat at Two Lakes for their anniversary. Well 2 months late, but better late than never. And it was soooooo tasty as always!


I swear for an incorporated area in the middle of Wisconsin, they have the best coconut shrimp on the planet! 


We were all so full. Then someone had to order dessert. And I had to help him. Obviously. I mean look at that! It was painful, but with my help, we powered through.


Cindy and I always get a picture at Two Lakes. For me, at least, it's the rare occasion I curl my hair. Ha.


And the anniversary couple! 44 years. Wow! Way to go, kids!

Now we're all in our houses and ready to fall asleep. Maybe there was tryptophan in that brownie. It seems like a post-Thanksgiving meal kind of feeling. Even my dessert compartment is full. And that doesn't happen often.

As a bonus to this beautiful day, we still have two days left of the weekend! Yay. Hopefully tomorrow is not quite as full. Unless we mean full of exercise. There's a potential I'll have some guilty feelings in the morning. When my tummy makes room for them, that is.

Keep enjoying this long weekend!

No comments: