Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Sly and Seventeen

Somedays you're a teenager. Somedays you're an octogenarian. Somedays you're both.

Happy birthday to Sylvester (aka Sly aka Princess Poops-A-Lot aka Princess Pukes-A-Lot)! She's 17 in cat years and something like 84 in human equivalent years. Yup. She's old!

But still healthy as a kitten. Guess it helps when you sleep 20 hours a day and get daily spa-like treatment from your favorite human! (Spoiler alert: Not me.) 

At least she appreciated me today when I opened the front door and she could feel the breeze through the screen while soaking up the sun. I was just telling her how sweet she was for being 17. Then the Schwan's man showed up and while I was talking to him on the other side of the screen, she lived up to her Princess Pukes-A-Lot title. I used the Schwan's catalog to block the view, but we could both still hear it. I said, "On that note, have a nice day. I better get back to work!" And he was happy to get away from Blue Jay Drive, I'm sure.

Of course kitty's man stood up for her. "Don't tell me you haven't puked on your birthday before," he said. 

Well, maybe I am a princess after all!

No comments: