Sunday, September 26, 2021

Our Wins Today

I stepped into the sun. It was a beautiful day today. I noticed because I actually didn't park my butt into the recliner – until noon, anyway!

Before that, I watched church online, uploaded pictures for the school, and went for a 3-mile walk. Nice fall day. I can say that now since it's October later this week!


But yeah, I did watch a few hours of the Ryder Cup finale. Americans set a record by winning with 19 points. As Capt. Strick shows in this photo (not sure who to credit), it was a big W just like when Wisconsin wins! Or we cheer for them and hope for one.


As the Ryder Cup wound down, I was able to catch some of my Vikings' victory on TV, too. Nice to have something in the win column finally. 

That game was just wrapping up when my friend Cindy and I headed to the movie theater. Now that's someplace we haven't been since pre-COVID! But we wanted to see Dear Evan Hansen and figured it would be a small crowd since the Packers are on tonight. 

It was. And most likely they could all hear me sobbing. Such an emotional musical! But we were glad to see it. We both read the book and we were supposed to see it on stage (as part of our Broadway touring ticket package) in June of 2020. Then, thanks to COVID, it got postponed to that August, then spring of 2021, then August of 2021, and now April of 2022. So we do have tickets still and now can't wait to see it next spring.

And we'll be sure to bring Kleenex! 

I should acknowledge that the Brew Crew clinched their division today. Knew several people at that game so I'm sure they're riding cloud 9. Hubby is still hoping for a wildcard slot for his Reds (in that same division). And I know my Twins have clinched the basement in the American League Central Division. 

Guess we'll take our victories where we can. Have a winning week!

No comments: