Thursday, September 16, 2021

A Variety of Treats


I had my handful of treats today. First, despite a 50-degree start to the morning, God gave us a glorious day here in central Wisconsin. Didn't get a chance to enjoy it long enough!

Another treat, if you like pain, was an appointment with my massage therapist. Deep tissue. Ahhhh. Hurts so good. After that, I pondered going over to DQ since they've acknowledged the beginning of fall and pumpkin season. But I didn't. Was trying to be good and now I can't stop thinking about a Pumpkie Pie Blizzard. 

Dang.

My other treat today was getting to talk to my mom. She's 89. When she didn't answer at lunch, I got a little worried. Like how dare she leave her apartment and do something fun without any of her kids knowing? Ha. Well she was having "coffee hour" and it turned into 3 hours. Just visiting with the ladies, she said. I told that was great and assured her I didn't sound the alarm and report to my siblings that she was missing. We enjoyed a nice 45-minute conversation about nothing and everything. Feel blessed for that privilege.

For my final treat, I think I'll start digging in the freezer. There has got to something good in there.

No comments: