Sunday, October 17, 2021

Lake Air Bnb


Just north of Up North, Minnesota, about 20 miles northwest of Duluth near the North Shore, 7 sisters had a wonderful and WILD weekend by Island Lake. OK. Not THAT wild. But it was the 23rd annual sister weekend we refer to as Wild Women's Weekend.

Just to make people jealous, I suppose.

We have learned over time that it's best to get our own place rather than cramp our bodies – and sometimes loud laughter – into close quarters like hotels or condos. So VRBOs and AIRBNBs have been a good choice more times than not. This year... no different.

From the outside, we wondered what we got ourselves into. But then we saw the inside...


It was lovely inside – and spacious with large bedrooms with 7 beds (yes!) and 3 large bathrooms (yes, yes!)


It was perfect for our needs and we definitely needed the fireplace with overnight temps in the high 30s up there. Uff da!


And the nearest saloon was conveniently located next door. Convenient for two tasty meals, that is, and a craft fair on Saturday. 

Speaking of crafty... I can finally share the gifts I made for my sisters a month ago.


Using my new fancy-ass Cricut machine, I designed and made water tumblers for them. I put icons on each that symbolized something about them. 


I also made them each a dish towel that said: "It's a LeRoy thing. You wouldn't understand." If you knew how much us 8 kids are like our all-knowing answer-for-everything father, you actually would understand. They loved both gifts.

And if you ever wonder where the creativity in my family comes from (several of my sisters also had creative gifts and/or activities this weekend), here the is the carrot cake my mom made and decorated and sent along as a surprise for my sister Rayna, who turned 70 in August. 


Her "Low-Budget Decorating" featured carrot peels for the 70 on top of yummy homemade frosting. She's the best. 

It was so good – even for breakfast! Not that we have to admit to any of that. Let's just say there was plenty to eat this weekend. And it was all pretty darn tasty.

And we had lots of laughs and got lots of steps exploring Lake Superior via the Two Harbors area (above) on Friday and Duluth (below).


Thankfully if was sunny on Saturday so we could really see some fall colors. Saw some other pretty things – and unique things – that I'll share. But after an 808-mile round trip since I left here on Wednesday, I haven't quite had time to look at them yet.

I'll share them this week so I can extend the special weekend in my mind. Such an amazing area to spend time in – with my amazing 6 sisters. 

Living my blessed life! 

No comments: