Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Seasonal Distraction Disorder


It's bad enough the weather is messing with our minds with the fall one day and spring or summer the next. Now we've got the retail sector rushing seasons.

Saw Walmart had its Christmas section started yesterday. Today, our local Pick 'n' Save had this sumptuous seasonal selection.


It appears we have Cinnamon ice cream (upper right) to go with fall apple pies and crisps. Then in the center, we have Pumpkin Pie flavored to transition us from October fall to November fall and Thanksgiving. Then, bring on Candy Cane (top shelf) and Eggnog (bottom).

And which one did I choose? I went with Pumpkin Pie. For now. And yes, I only chose one and cross my fingers there's still some at the store when I crave the next season.

I also didn't want to stand there too long deciding on a flavor. I had to get home and get a few things done. Packing for sister weekend should have been one of them. I leave tomorrow right from a post-work activity and head to Minneapolis, where my oldest sister is flying in from Phoenix. So yes, I should get my stuff in order.

But that ice cream was distracting (and delicious) – and I'm not quite sure what season to pack for. I can tell you we are North Shore bound (there's a lot of lake so it could be anywhere up there, ha). So I know to pack layers. And warm ones at that.

And everything else is just going to have to come together during Pumpkin Pie ice cream hour – I mean lunch hour – tomorrow! 

No comments: