Sunday, February 13, 2022

Cheers to a Close Game and Stuff


It was a blue ribbon day for a few people today! First, they announced the seedings for Wisconsin girls basketball teams. Assumption got the No. 1 seed in our bracket so that's wayyyy cool! Cheers!

Then we went to our friend's house for a Super Bowl party. Yes, based on the photo you might be able to tell this is the party that Jim's attended in the same basement with same paneling and now-vintage beer signs since 1986. Only missed last year when the lovely pandemic overruled the gathering.

The only downer of the day was that on the way to the party, my crockpot of Crockpot Crack Chicken fell over on the floor of the back seat when Jim turned a corner. No 10-second rule could save it. So I dropped him off and went to the store to find an unworthy replacement. While there, Jim realized he left his quarters at home on his dresser. Those are essential to coin flips... and dice. So I went home and Lysol wiped my backseat floor while I was there. Then it was time to party.

I stayed until 5 and came home to watch the game on the large TV and in my comfy recliner. And with Carter and Mamie – who were pretty excited about the halftime show. I liked it, too, but I don't think I could say that out loud to my kid without getting an eyeroll.

Went back to the party to pick up hubby and catch the last minute of the game. Pretty exciting. Glad it was close so it was worth watching. I was bummed Joe Burrow and the Bengals didn't get the win, but I guess if Matthew Stafford had to suffer for years with the lowly Lions, he deserves a Super Bowl ring!

And I may have appreciated the numbers that one of the quarters ended with.

Plenty to cheer about. Everybody wins – except the crockpot. And we avid Olympics watchers who don't have the stamina to start watching coverage this late at night! 


No comments: