Monday, February 14, 2022

Love Wins


I was excited to share my lovely Valentine gift from hubby but then I realized how much this holiday is not just sad for some people, but heartbreakingly painful, too. 

As I look upon this faded rose from my brother-in-law's funeral, I'm reminded that not everyone who's "single" on Valentines Day is the victim of poor dating choices. Some are suffering from broken hearts that may never mend. 

Like my sister and a few friends who lost their spouses just this year. Not to mention those who lost a loved one 2021 and are facing this first heart holiday alone.

Just remember – it's about love today. Not just the romantic kind, but family, and your friends, and even your pets. 

If you're feeling an empty space in your heart today, think about those people. Even if one person is gone, love is still there. Love is still HERE, I mean. Love always wins over heartbreak. Sometimes it takes a while to see that. To feel that. And I'm so sorry.

Sending love to my sister and all of you who need a loving hug today! 

No comments: