Thursday, February 3, 2022

Sit and Spin


I didn't realize my favorite parts of the Olympics were starting tonight already BEFORE the opening ceremonies tomorrow. So this serves as your warning that blogs will be sporadic for the next 9 days – or whatever it is. 

Kitty and I are ready to virtually try the triple axles and the Salchow (which we call the Sow Cow) and the double toe and lutz thingy plus the sit and spin camel thingy, too. All without getting dizzy of course. Or heaven forbid, injured.

I did get into the spirit tonight before I got home and realized events were starting. Was at the girls hoops game against Athens. Both teams have similar records and for the first many, many minutes, our Lady Royals were down. We're talking 16-3 or something like that. I was too stressed to take pictures at that point.

But then like Olympians, they rallied for their country, er school, and worked as a team to come back and take the lead. They ended up winning by 64-38!

The lesson here and during these Olympics will be try your hardest and never give up. I mean if Sylvester can do the camel spin, anyone with two legs certainly can! 

Go team USA!


No comments: