Thursday, February 17, 2022

Out Walks Elvis, In Walks Mom


We all know Elvis has left the building. Or has he? 

Since I'm suffering from old-timer's disease, I forgot that the reason I was talking about SHAKES the other day was not just because of the Shamrock Shake I had, but because my mother is shaking things up out in Arizona.

After my brother-in-law's funeral last weekend, Rayna flew back to Phoenix area and took our mom with her for a mini-vacation from winter. Apparently warm weather does the body good. Especially the hips.

Yup. Just a month shy of 90, here's Mom shaking her hips and playing air guitar with her cane! I told my sister this picture is wonderful and hilarious at the same time! Love, love, love it.

It just reminds me that you can find joy anywhere. Just have to let go and seize the moment. And not care what others think. My vacation, my fun, my memories.

Deep down, she's always cared what people think, but thank god I got the "let's make some fun out of this" gene from her. Bless you, Mom (and Rayna). Your children – and the spirit of Elvis – are impressed!


No comments: