Sunday, February 27, 2022

No Rest for the Wicked

You know it's going to be an interesting weekend at Camp Crop-a-Lot when the first sight that greets you is the outline of a dead body.

Oh yes. Like they say: What happens at scrap camp stays at scrap camp!

Just kidding. No way 2 dozen women can keep a secret! Not this group anyway! In truth, every year, the two organizers have a theme. This year it revolved around the game CLUE. Which I am clueless about. Never played it. Never saw any of the movies based on the game either.

But of course I solved the crime because I'm competitive that way! It was a fun little distraction but mostly I just scrapbooked pages for my 2016 album. I realized sometime Friday that I made a rookie mistake and forgot to print out some pictures. So I put an order into Walgreens and ran into Stevens Point Saturday morning to pick up pictures for myself and two other veterans who made the same rookie mistake!

It happens to the best of us. I still got plenty of pages done – including lots of kayaking ones from that first summer of paddling! 

I also managed to watch the Assumption girls in the regional championship game Saturday night. It was a stressful nail-biter to have to watch on my phone and try to see the tiny score! In the end – the very end – they won by 1 point and are regional champions for the second year in a row. Well done, Lady Royals! I'll miss their sectional game this week but hope they make it to the final on Saturday.

If you wonder why I talk about "packing" for scrap camp for so long, it's because we all bring a lot of NECESSARY stuff! This is my work station for the weekend.

Pretty much all look like that, as you can see from my friend at the facing table. It's a sign of a creative mind.

And a tired one. Very low on sleep but managed the 50-minute drive home with a much-needed pit stop in Plover.


Yup. King Cone is open there! What a nice treat for a hard-working weekend! Got home and unpacked. And then packed again.

Leaving tomorrow for Arizona. Will be staying with my sister Rayna this week. My mom is there visiting, too, so I'll fly back with her to Minneapolis on Friday. It just happened that this is back to back. For once, I may actually sleep on the plane! 

Or on her Mr. Deck Chair. That's one thing I have a clue about!

No comments: