Saturday, February 12, 2022

Celebrations


We've joined quite the mix of celebrations in the past 36 hours. Some fun, some miraculous, some heart-happy. And some heart-breaking.

First and most somber, was celebrating the life of my brother-in-law Paul at a memorial service in Hudson yesterday. We got to town early so us siblings could all join our sister Rayna for lunch – since she flew in from Phoenix and hadn't seen us yet. It felt so good to see her and finally hug her. Couldn't hug away the hurt of losing her soul mate. But we tried.

After lunch, we headed to the church and had a nice memorial service. Lots of family, relatives, and friends were there to support her. I know we call these things celebrations of life, but it didn't feel that way until after when we gathered for a reception at a bar/grill downtown, then later went to a saloon right next to where Rayna and Paul lived when they were in Hudson.

We raised our glasses with everything from water to whiskey and toasted a life well-lived. After tears, we could finally smile. And feel grateful we all had each other at that moment.

A few other celebrations were more positive. We've been praying diligently for a loved one who's been hospitalized and under intensive care since January 3. We learned that they're improving and could go home in a few weeks. Praise the Lord for that miracle!

We also got to see my niece Caryn and her newly adopted kiddos...

How fun to officially welcome these goofballs into the family! Love them dearly and so glad my new great-niece and great-nephews now permanently belong in a loving home. With a loving family. That's a blessing!

And you know me, I had to bring my Cricut into the celebration. They're worth it!

We stayed overnight in Hudson and said our goodbyes after breakfast. I'll see Rayna in a few weeks when I go out to visit her. And we'll all be gathering next month for my mom's 90th birthday. So goodbyes were easier. 

Tonight we got to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. Her husband put on a quite a party with food, drinks, and a live band!


Pretty much knew 98% of the guests so that was fun. And so nice to celebrate something joyful!

Even got a slow dance out of it with my valentine! So that's worth celebrating, in my book.

Like the quote above says: Life is what you celebrate. All of it.

Find something to celebrate today.

No comments: