Friday, April 29, 2022

And Luck Ran Out


Last week when I looked at my calendar marking my "Days out of the office" I felt like I'd won the jackpot. I mean 777 is pretty lucky on the slots, isn't it? Not so much on this calendar, though.

While 777 looked good last week and the thought I might be back there in 45 days was OK news, too, the 783 was the best number in that many days. Because that's how many days I outran "IT". And that's why 784 is the worst day.

That's the day IT caught me.

After finding no lasting relief from those "spring allergy" symptoms I was battling, all week, I took the plunge. Or I should say, I took the swipe.

The "positive" line on the test showed up in 2 seconds flat. No sense delaying the obvious news. 

Damn.

Doesn't matter from who, what, why, where or when. That won't change anything. This princess has been banished to her tower! And majorly bummed since we had "planned" a concert tonight, two weddings tomorrow, and trip to see friends on Sunday. All off the books now. But at least I'm the only positive here.

And when I get off the Pity Pot, I'll remember I'm grateful I am fully vaccinated and boosted. I'd prefer these "allergies" to having a ventilator tube stuck down my throat. 

As I often say: Be careful out there.


No comments: