Monday, April 18, 2022

Tired of Re-Runs


Tired of waking up to the same view – different day. Seriously, it was a green Easter Sunday. Then we go to sleep, being none the wiser, and winter sneaks back in.

So spring sports were called off. Again. And I don't know if everything will be rescheduled. Probably baseball and softball for sure since they were supposed to play up at Auburndale. And supposed to host Auburndale tomorrow. (Please cooperate, Mother Nature!). Golf was to take place just down the road at The Ridges. Who knows if that'll get rescheduled. And I was going to shoot track and field at the new Nekoosa facility. I do hope to see that some day (maybe a warm one!).

So without those plans, I just worked, got myself a deep-tissue massage after that, then went to Book Club at Applebee's (relocated from Perkins, which was closed – not weather related). That worked out for me.

And I could taste the food fine there and at home today. So whatever cold or ickyness I had, it seems to have passed. Leave it to COVID checklists to make us all over-paranoid about every little thing. Just grateful for the NEGATIVE experience. I have more plans this week that I don't want canceled due to virus – or weather.

Hope you're listening, Ol' Man Winter. You are so last season!

No comments: