Friday, April 22, 2022

Beat the Clock

I feel like I've been in a Cinderella story all week. No handsome prince – just trying to beat the clock and get into bed by midnight the past few nights. To do that, I had to skip blogging. But I'll give you a quick lowdown of the fun...

On Wednesday, I literally got home about one minute to midnight. My friend Cindy and I finally got to see Dear Evan Hansen – the last show from our 2019/2020 season ticket package. Just 4 words about that: Well worth the wait!

OK, maybe more than 4. It was in incredible show. We read the book and saw the movie and listened to the "soundtrack." But the live Broadway performance exceeded our expectations. We laughed a lot and cried, too. Had a big lump in my throat for quite a while after its conclusion. Just so good. See the Appleton paper's review of it here to learn more about it. And go if you can!

Thursday was all about baseball. And a late night editing pictures. Why are these Royals fans cheering? Well, a couple of reasons. One is that we had our first victory of the season with our 7-1 win over Port Edwards. Two is that we had to borrow some players, sort of, to make it happen.

Our roster is small to begin with and with two players out, we were down to just 8 available to suit up yesterday. If you don't follow baseball ever – you need 9 players for a full team. I mean it's not illegal to have 8, but 9 works best. So we had 2 members of the golf team and 1 from track and field suit up. I don't think he'd played since elementary school, so the fans were pretty excited when he not only swung and made contact with the ball, but got a double and eventually scored.

I know it's always a lot more fun to win. But this was just fun to see a school come together to make a team. Loved it! Maybe those 3 will stay on? Never count out anything these days.

Friday (today) was a long, rainy day. First work, then workout, then meeting friends at Homestead first, then Layla's for fish fries. Except it was very busy and took forever to get a table for 7. Ended up finally eating about 8:45. According to my husband, the rich eat late! So there must have been others who got their food after we did! 

Just got home and I'm determined to get to bed before midnight AND get 8 hours of sleep. My mind says I should "Live like there's no midnight," but my body says, "You turned on your heated mattress pad the minute you walked in the door – who are you kidding?"

Time for bed, Cinderella!

No comments: