Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter


Happy Easter! Hope your status today was "blessed"! It was wonderful to celebrate in church in person today for the first Easter since 2019. Crazy to think about, isn't it?

Our choir sang at the beginning of both services today. Then I went home and got things going for Easter dinner. Apple-Snicker "salad" in the fridge, cheesy potatoes in the crockpot, and ham in the oven. Sounds like Easter to me! Our plan was to take it all over to my in-laws around 4 p.m.

I ran into a minor snag at 3 p.m. when I was taste-testing the ham and potatoes and was disappointed how bland they were. Then Jim tasted, and he said they were both good. I started to question if I could taste anything! Was it because my nose was a bit stuffed up? Or something else?

I was shoving all kinds of different foods in my mouth. 

Could taste the tart apples in the salad but not the Snickers. Easter candy didn't leave an impression either. We all know losing a sense of taste or smell could be a sign of COVID. That and fatigue. See yesterday's blog. Needless to say, we both were thinking it.

In the end, Jim ran the food into his parents, but didn't stay to eat with them – just as a precaution. And he picked up a home COVID test on the way home. Not at all how we planned Easter.

The good news is that I tested negative (it's probably just this congestion). And the great news is that He is risen! He is risen indeed!

Hope you had a blessed, worry-free Easter!!

No comments: