Sunday, October 30, 2022

Good For My Soul


Today was just the spiritual uplift I needed. It was confirmation Sunday at church so I had to redirect my attention to something and someone else.


As her mentor, I got to introduce her during the service, stand with her during the ceremony (for lack of a better word), and share her chosen Bible verse.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. – Psalm 23:4

I love that she chose the version with "darkest valley" instead of death. As she pointed out, this is important in dark times, not just times of death. "I chose it because I wish to live by it, and help others live by it. No matter what fear stares me down, I will show peace and comfort in the presence of the Lord." Very smart teenager!


As I've said before, it was awesome to get to know Ainsley and learn from her!

In fact, Pastor Cheryl shared part of Ainsley's faith essay as part of her sermon today...

I will continue to worship with other Christians, listen to God’s Word and take Communion because of how it makes me feel. There’s a comfort in being surrounded with your fellow believers as you worship your ever loving Father together. This is all something that can’t be simulated elsewhere, no matter what. As you listen to God’s love for you, eat the body and drink the blood that signifies how deeply He cares, all while around your siblings in faith; nothing can make you feel more welcomed and whole.

Did I mention how incredibly smart and deep into a personal faith journey this "student of God' already is? 

Knowing how confirmation strengthens her faith helped strengthen mine and more importantly, gave me some needed peace today. 

That and the sugary frosting on confirmation cake...

And the much-appreciated many kind words and condolences you've shared with me...

And a nice visit from Son #2 and his girlfriend. Mainly to see the patient, but it was uplifting for me, too...

And of course, there was...

Good for my soul and my SKOL!

Let's find something to uplift us each day this week!

No comments: