Thursday, October 27, 2022

Sad Show on TV


Since I can't leave my patient alone for too many hours, I stayed home and watched our Lady Royals on TV (via live stream) instead of going to Athens.

After a crazy comeback Saturday to upset the No. 1 seed Marshfield Columns, our ladies took the Regional championship. Tonight was the Sectional semi-final at the No. 2 ranked team's home court. We lost the first two games and rallied in the third – actually having the lead at one point – but fell short and are done for the season. Sad!

Pretty amazing seniors, though. I'll miss them! Well, until the next sport begins.

That was about the only action around here today. I worked from home to help as the Bionic Man needed me. He went to his first visit to the Torture Chamber (aka as physical therapy/rehab). That after a long night last night in painful discomfort.

I feel pretty helpless. Thank goodness someone invented pain medication years back! It doesn't take away the sadness of losing a volleyball game. But does help the man on injured reserve here. 

Another bright note: Jim is convinced his left leg is now an inch longer. I'm guessing after he has the surgery (and extra inch added) on the right leg, he'll be able to dunk a basketball.

Patience, my patient. One step at a time!


No comments: