Wednesday, October 26, 2022

My Bionic Man


I'm not sure if I can call my hubby the Bionic Man, but the original nickname belonged to Steve Austin. Potential relation? Maybe.

We'll see how it shakes out in the coming weeks. 

Before the crack of dawn, we were at the surgery center so Jim could undergo knee replacement surgery. This time on his left knee. Next time, God willing and there's a great recovery, the right knee. He wanted to wait until after golf season for the surgeries so he got as many rounds in as he could this summer. Even one last night!

I camped out with my laptop and worked in the waiting room while he was under the knife. When he cleared that first hurdle (quite figuratively since he doesn't have bionic powers yet), I went home to work in my office a few hours so he could rest.

Went back around noon. Crazy that some 3 hours after surgery, they had him up and walking! He got a little woozy after that, but was good to go home by 4 p.m. Yay! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts. He's got a long road ahead. Thankfully he doesn't have to walk it all! 

We'll just take things one step at a time. And Six Million Dollars later, he'll be good! 

(You might be too young to know these references. If so, you missed out on some quality entertainment back in the day! Believe me, I'll be doing the Bionic Man sound effects when he takes those first unaided steps. If you know, you know.)

Disclaimer: That's clipart up top, not his real X-rays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speedy recovery Steve, er, Jim!