Saturday, October 1, 2022

Just Pumpkin Around


Happy October! Now today was the absolutely beautiful kind of all day that I dream about – 365 days a year. While I love summer, a steady 65 and sunny would do me just fine, too.

It was a nice day to be outside so my friend Cindy and I picked up her sister and headed to the Nekoosa Giant Pumpkin Fest down the road. We thought we were there early, but it got crowded – very crowded – in no time. Everyone looking for a cool craft (or like me, says "I can make that") or tasty food or, oh yeah, pumpkins!


When we were there, they had just started weighing things. And by things,  I mean they check out giant watermelons and squash too.


And no one said big pumpkins are pretty. They're just pretty huge!


You can use our short stature to see that they can be pretty big. And there are larger ones this this, I'm sure.


Did I mention I got to be Sylvester for a minute, too? No longer than a minute though. Trust me. No one called ME princess when I walked in the door.

But Mr. Deck Chair loves me. I gave him plenty of attention today when we soaked up what we hope aren't the last rays of the season. We'll see if we can't at least have afternoon coffee together tomorrow.

No comments: