Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Toad-ally Freaked


If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound? If Robyn squeaky screams at a night visitor and no one but the cat is around to hear her, did she make a sound? Did she overreact to a frog climbing up the front door?

Not even a little. Plus, hubby is in Indianapolis for work this week so he has no idea there may have been a Drama Queen moment on Blue Jay Drive.

To be honest, I think it was Mr. Deck Chair who "squeaked" first. Then I saw it and was freaked. TOAD-ally freaked.

As much as I enjoyed a full night's sleep with no one hogging the covers, I absolutely hate being home alone when freaky, creepy-crawly things are stalking me!

And my watch cat? Totally inept. The temps are dropping down to 38 degrees tonight. There's nothing Mr. Deck Chair or I could do – or scream – to prompt her to move from her place on the heated bathroom floor.

I get it, kitty. (I say, crawling into my lonely big bed with my heated mattress pad on HIGH.).

Be careful out there!

No comments: