Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Making Good

Thanks to the pandemic and working out of the office for 800+ days, I am way out of practice in my role as Birthday Fairy for my team. So out of practice, I missed a birthday last week. No worries. It was just my boss!

He came to work to an empty desk – no streamers, no balloons, no clever signs – and an empty treat table – no trifle! 

All I could was have us sing to him and promise to make a trifle of his choosing. He chose "something butterscotch." M-m-m-m. Love butterscotch! So I did my made-to-order make-good trifle after work. 


I started with a naked Hornet's Nest Cake. Usually it has pecans on it when I bake it but I went without. Wanted the butterscotch flavor but didn't want all the nuts. I layered that with whipped cream, crushed pecan shortbread cookies, and butterscotch pudding.


Not the prettiest trifle I've made. But danged if even ugly trifles don't taste delicious!! 

This birthday fairy may just earn her wings back. Wish me luck! 

No comments: