Saturday, October 8, 2022

Running Around

What a gorgeous fall day for a run! Oh wait, I didn't actually run. I was there taking pictures of people running. Duh.

To start the day, hubby and I signed up for a 5K walk/run – the Tracks for Tina 5K to benefit the Tina Livernash Memorial Scholarship that our friends organize. We were there to support it but we didn't walk or run. Jim didn't because he's like 20 days from knee surgery and 3 miles is a long walk. I didn't go because our Royals were running in the Rapids invitational over at Lincoln High School at 10 a.m.

So I booked it over there and loved the scenic views (above) that the runners would have. But 100 percent would not appreciate. Not when there's a race to be won!

It was beautiful but brisk. Well, very brisk. Winter hat weather. Totally chill. Like in the 40s. Brrr.

Speaking of 40s...


We went to a 40th birthday party this afternoon for our friend Jeannie. Yes, that cupcake says: "Straight outta 1982." Raise your hand if you feel old! Wow.

After the party, we met up with friends – including Christine and Mike in town for their 5K fundraiser – and went to Two Lakes Supper Club. 


It looks like coconut shrimp because it is! I know I get the same thing every time. But it's so good. And we only go there 2 or 3 a season!


And also great to catch up with friends I see far too seldom. I gotta get out more! I say that as I saw no less than 10 other people there that I knew. Guess everyone gets out! 

Now we're home early enough we could watch baseball playoffs on TV when neither of our teams are in it. Those recliners, though, will make it worth our while!

No comments: