Friday, September 30, 2022

Hanging Out in the Win Column


It's been two late nights seeing the best of "fall ball" in action. Last night I watched the Lady Royals sweep Pittsville during volleyball senior night. (And their Volley for a Cure cancer awareness night.)

Tonight it was the Royals under the Friday night lights. We earned a share of the conference title last weekend with our victory over Pacelli. Tonight they needed to beat Loyal for sole ownership of the top. Did we?

I'd say pretty handily! So that's exciting! It was actually too cold for me to take pictures. Well, I could see my breath and that usually signals my camera to slow down, too. Ha. For real. So at halftime, I ditched the camera and sat in the stands to see up extend our lead. 

Temps were in the 40s but after sitting in Mr. Deck Chair this afternoon, my body wasn't ready for it. Actually had some windows open, too, while I was cleaning today. I had taken the day off for something that is now postponed to Monday, so I figured I should still get a few things done.

And sunny and low 60s felt good enough for a little deck time break. It's crazy but this is life here...

Looking forward to bundling up a few more times when the playoffs start in a few weeks. Keep it going, Royals! This is fall fun for sure!

No comments: