Tuesday, September 20, 2022

H-m-m-m... Me Time

So I did a thing tonight. I took some unscheduled, spontaneous time for me. Weird, huh?

I was actually at the high school shooting pictures of JV volleyball and was planning to stay for varsity. But JV got done early and I had a good 45 minutes to kill. I had a gift to deliver so figured squeeze that in. As I was exiting the gymnasium, I saw my friend and fellow photographer in the bleachers.

My first thought was "They don't need both of us." My second thought was "I'm going to drop off this gift, go home, and watch The Voice."

And I did. Some good ol' genuine Me Time.

Hubby was at the golf course so I had my recliner and the remote to myself. Watched last night's recorded episode and tonight's live one. Did not think about anything else. Didn't stress that no one was taking pictures of the girls. Didn't think about the office or housework. Just relaxed and enjoyed some time alone.

Mostly guilt-free. Something I have to work on!

Now I'm going to bed early so I can read a book I finally got after 3 months on a waiting a list. 

Try some Me Time yourself. I highly recommend it! 

No comments: