Sunday, September 4, 2022

Diamond Jubilee of Sorts


Apparently the symbol of a 60th wedding anniversary is a diamond. We made it work by watching baseball at the baseball diamond – on TV that is – while enjoying dinner with my in-laws.

They'll officially mark their 60 years later this week, but the chicken, mashed potatoes – and cake and ice cream – couldn't wait!

It was a nice to spend time with them and with Jim's sister and her husband. Summer flew by without much family time with all six of us. Probably see more of Jim's parents this week. I mean that cake won't eat itself!

I'm joking. Not because I wouldn't eat it if I could. I'm just going to be out of town. 

Hope you all are spending a relaxing and enjoyable holiday weekend, too. No alarm for this girl tomorrow! Happy Labor Day, indeed.




No comments: