Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Frost Warning


Woke to a "feeling" of freezing temperatures. And tonight we'll actually probably get there! Frost warnings are in abundance.

Is it wrong that I am just leaving all my hanging flower baskets and potted flowers outside to die? I hope it's not breaking any sort of floral rules. They're on their last blooms anyway. And frankly, it's too cold to stand outside watering them.

That does sound selfish when I put it in writing. 

I promise you I am better with humans. I swear!

Though I'll admit it's tough to get out in the cold for the ones I did not give birth to. A chilly afternoon to shoot middle school football. But I just hadn't made it to game yet and this was their last home game. A nail-biter too. It ended in a tie, which I guess is how it works in middle school. I didn't entirely mind getting into my warm car again.

I stopped at tennis on my way home. By then my camera protested it was too cold. And getting dark. So I came home, drank hot tea, and edited my pix. My mattress pad is on high and I am about to snuggle under the covers until the temp is above freezing again! 

Or 6:15 a.m. Whichever comes first.

Bundle up and be careful out there! 


No comments: