Wednesday, September 21, 2022

So Long, Summer


When I saw the weather talking about frost warnings up north this week, I thought it was much too soon for that. But I guess we're technically saying goodbye to summer right about now, aren't we?

Mr. Deck Chair and I are signing a protest, if you want in.

It was ironic that today was the first day I made it to the shores of Lake DuBay, usually packed with boats and partiers all summer long. Tonight after work our team was celebrating some success and this was our view...

Yup. One hundred percent as cold and windy as it looks. So yeah, we ate inside. It's a pretty area though, so maybe we'll get up there next summer to hear a band or something.

Didn't stay too long so I could back to town for choir practice this evening. I missed the first two weeks so I had some catching up to do. Of course, when we're practicing songs for the end of October already, we might as well admit defeat that fall is here.

But I won't. Other than pumpkin spice, you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into the season of cold mornings, pasty white legs, and dead everything.

Please stay, summer! Or at least visit a few more times this year!

No comments: