Saturday, September 24, 2022

Chillin' on a Saturday


Saw this tree this morning that apparently jumped head first into autumn. Wow. It's going to be gorgeous. Or gorgeous-er than it already is!

The rest of the symptoms of fall today included temps in the 50s and rain. Or at least a pretty consistent and annoying drizzle this morning and evening. I only cared because I've been outside since 8:30 this morning, so about 13 hours.

Our church had their annual God's Work, Our Hands work day. I was the photographer so went around shooting pictures of the different work sites. Mostly outside. My socks and shoes were soaked so I can imagine how the "real" volunteers felt!

I stopped home to dry my shoes on the boot dryer thing. Then hubby and I headed to Stevens Point to watch our Royals take on Pacelli in football. The rain stopped so I was able to take a ton of daytime photos. Yay. I'll have to sort through them tomorrow but I'm sure they turned out way better than night games. 

Oh, and we won. Ha. Stomped them 41-6. With the win, we're now 5-1 overall, 2-0 in our conference and  captured at least a share of the conference title already. First time since like 1973 or something crazy. WOW. That's a huge deal for our Royals!!

After the game, we went to an anniversary party - chili dump - play and sing music - type party in Rudolph. That was inside a big pole barn but the door was open so it was almost like being outside. The guitar-playing guys are the ones Jim sings with for the guitar choir at his church. So he was in his element with mostly classic country songs and some Eagles and Jimmy Buffett mixed in. Good stuff.

My mattress pad is heating up now and I may stay snuggled in there for 12 hours! That's how I really like to chill!

No comments: