Thursday, September 8, 2022

Crowning Achievements

Strangely ironic that I had morning coffee with the Woman King and hours later the long-reigning (woman) Queen of England died.

Full disclosure, I was 5 rows away from actress Viola Davis but I was drinking coffee while doing so.

And while the Woman King is her new movie, I especially enjoyed her years ago in The Help. But today she talked about much more than that. I'll have review my notes and share some inspiration one of these days, but for now, just know she came from nothing and made some major somethings with her life!

The same could be said for another speaker today who could be Queen of the Planet!


The legendary Jane Goodall is so warm and authentic. And looked grest from the third row! What I love about her is that even though she's 88 years old, she still had things she wants to do. To save the planet and to pave the way for the underprivileged to succeed. She's so damn awesome!

So yes, it was an inspiring day. Someone had to text me that Queen Elizabeth died because I was living in my own bubble of warm fuzzies and inspiration. 

I'll admit I didn't start paying attention to the royals until Prince Charles and Lady Diana got married. But I've casually kept tabs on them since. And definitely learned a lot watching The Crown series. That's real right?

Interesting anyway. 

Tonight I will see if I can hold until my crown as reigning champion of our fantasy football league at work. I can't believe the season has started! Long live the Swedish Chef Mafia!

Oh and I had work this eve after the conference so only saw a few sights. 

I'll take you down that cobblestone street another day. Heading home after conference tomorrow. G'night from Boston for the last time!

No comments: