Friday, June 22, 2012

Cinderella

I'm about to turn into a pumpkin, so I better blog fast. Trust me, I don't do "after midnight" very well at my old age. Especially when we can't sleep in the next day!

Had a full Friday. We worked from home, mainly because Carter's tourney is in Marshfield and we would have had to leave Iola really early to get home, get Carter and get up to Marshfield for our first game at 4:30. Working remotely allowed us to get things done up to 2:30.

We did take a break for lunch. My father-in-law tipped us off to freshly grilled ribeye steak sandwiches being sold at the IGA in town. We get there and run into Jim's uncle. Apparently, when you are retired, you just call your retired friends and family and let them know the best lunch deals in town. Lots of people in line. Good sandwich, by the way!

Weather was nice and sunny today so we were able to play baseball and stay dry -- unlike last weekend. Our first opponent was the host team. We were tied 1-1 going into the 4th inning. They scored 5 runs and we were down 6-1 but came back with an incredibly exciting rally inning to tie it up! We were so pumped. Unfortunately, Marshfield came back with another 7 runs (I wish I was kidding) and we eventually lost 13-8. Ugh.

Tomorrow it's two games so I hope we can turn it around!!

Got back in time for Carter to go to a "we're just hanging out" party with friends -- and Jim and I "just hung out" with friends, too. Now we're all home and ready to sleep fast.

One of these days I will be home long enough to get something done... hopefully before the broom and mop team up and trap me in a dusty corner. Cinderella couldn't get away with it so I don't know what makes me think I can!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Miss Cinderella - After midnight you don't ADD very well either. :)
Rayna