Monday, June 25, 2012

Treasure Hunt

Had a night off from baseball, which left me home for a change. I put some french fries in the oven and grilled up some burgers for supper. Not like we don't get enough burgers at the ballpark... but these are different. (I tell myself.)

After supper, I spent some time in the kitchen and you'll never guess what I found! The kitchen counter!

Uffda. Quite the treasure hunt to find that!

It has become quite the repository for bills, tourney schedules, birthday cards (hint, hint), newspapers and more bills. It's amazing what piles up after a few weeks of neglect. Don't worry, this undomestic goddess was not late on paying any bills and didn't miss any games!

It was nice to sift through and be done with it. The guys were off in the neighborhood getting into their own kinds of trouble. I didn't mind the quiet. In fact, it was good to have a nice conversation with God, who I was bugging mercilessly today, praying for my cousin's health and well-being.

Tonight I needed that time to thank Him. My cousin woke up today, recognized her family and has use of her extremities. So it may have been a mild stroke like my mom had a dozen years back. I think they have more testing to do. So I'll keep bugging God and thanking Him intermittently.

In the meantime, I should get some more things done. I have bathrooms to clean, pictures to upload and oh, wow, I better re-do these fingernails! Priorities!

Off to find the next treasure...

No comments: