Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On Guard

Due to our temperamental sump pump, I was really diligent yesterday about keeping an eye on it after I showered, then after hubby showered and again after Carter showered. It seemed to be working fine.

Today, I mistakenly relaxed my guard. I didn't check it after my shower but after Jim was done, I figured I better go down to the basement to check it. I opened the door and the first few steps are in darkness until you get to the light switch. I did not need to get that far. The sound of my slippers splashing in a puddle told me all I needed to know.

Shoot.

Nothing like Wet-Vac-ing before getting ready for work. Thankfully, I had had my first cup of coffee by then!

So we left part of the mess that wasn't going to harm anything and went to work. Tomorrow, at 8 a.m., a plumber will stop by and take our money... hopefully for fixing something. Jim thinks the "float" must be on the fritz. But we'll see what the water guy says.

Either way, we're either going to see water or dollar signs floating before our eyes.

I think I'll go to bed and keep my eyes shut!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have water where you don't need it and Mom & Dad have no water.... go figure! Rayna