Thursday, June 21, 2012

On the Mound

Carter had a league baseball game tonight. So after much running around in town and picking up a teammate, we headed down to Nekoosa for a 6 p.m. game. Since 3 of our regular players didn't show, guess what Carter got to do tonight?

Pitch!

Not kidding. He hadn't even attempted it all spring for school ball nor this summer for the tourney team. But they decided to put him on the mound the last two innings. At that point, we were already down 9-2 so we might as well give the other pitchers a break.

I couldn't believe he was going to pitch and there I sat, the one time without my good camera. Lucky I had my little Black Friday Purse Camera with so I could attempt a few shots, facing the sun. I couldn't really zoom and they are bit blurry, but you get the idea...

 
 

 
Overall, he didn't do too badly. In two innings, they only got one hit off of him and he walked one. No runs. He also was hitting pretty solid so I hope that continues into the weekend when we play for keeps.

No comments: