Saturday, June 2, 2012

Satur-down Day

Now today was more like what a vacation day should be! Except for getting up early after only a few short hours of sleep. Blame me. I had a hacking cough that kept both hubby and I awake. Darn allergies.

Carter's team met for batting practice at 7 a.m. and then we were on the road to Plover by 8 for a 9 a.m. game against Appleton. Today's game was a contradiction. We lost 9-2 but it was a good game for Carter. He finally connected during all of his at bats! He got out the first time, hit a solid single to center the next time, then got a single and RBI his last up. So that was good to see.

We don't play again until tomorrow at 3 p.m. so that meant the rest of the day was our own. Jim went golfing with some of the other team dads. Carter and I did some shopping for items he'll need for a backpacking adventure later this summer. I'll tell you more about it soon.

We were home by early afternoon. I whipped up some cranberry bars and, while those were baking, mixed up my mints. I'll be forming them into their graduation shapes over the next few days for our nephew Colin's party next weekend.

After I got those things done, I headed out to my lounge chair on the lower patio and soaked up some sun. Nice. The temp was only mid-70s at the most, so it was quite pleasant. I was hoping to take a little nap but that didn't happen. Still, it was so relaxing to finally sit down and do nothing.

In the late afternoon, Carter and I did some more shopping and found some hiking boots on sale.Yay. Picked up a pizza and met Jim at home for supper. I finally got some steps in after supper and am ready to hit the hay early!

First some photos. Of course, I had my camera. It looks sunny and warm but we woke up to temps in the low 50s so we were chilling out!

Tossing it in to 2nd base.
Rounding 1st.
Contemplating a steal.
Ready at 2nd, hoping to make it to 3rd and home, but that was the end of that inning.
Getting a piece of it.
Connecting!
"C" is for Carter and, obviously, COOL!

No comments: