Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Prep Work

I realize my birthday isn't until tomorrow but I figured I better prep a bit today. Basically, make today all about ME, too!

Started the day at work then an early appointment with my hair artist. I refuse to enter another year with a gray hair on my head!

Skipped my noon workout and got a half-hour chair massage. Oooooh. Needed that.

On the way home from work, after Carter begged, we stopped at King Cone and I got a delicious cup of Caramel Cashew Whirlpool for supper. Yes, that constitutes a meal.

Got home and baked a Hornet's Nest Cake for my treat at work tomorrow. Why yes it is 93 degrees out, but we have the air on so I could bake!

This evening, my friend Christine and I enjoyed "class" at Hot Pink YOUniversity at some wine place -- that also served good Point Brewery cream soda! Hot Pink You is not related to Victoria's Secret at all. But it does cater to women... giving a venue to network, just meet people and learn to empower ourselves, mainly by loving ourselves. A friend of mine started this in the area and I hope it does well. We had a good time -- plus I won a door prize. So yes, I opened a birthday gift early! Tee hee.

Came home and Carter was off to a movie with a girl friend (two words) and her mom. This will be his first lesson in getting home late on a work night! Even if he is tired and crabby tomorrow, I will not let him spoil MY day.

What, another day all about ME? At this age, I deserve it, doncha think?

No comments: