Saturday, June 30, 2012

Peninsula Paradise

What a perfect day. We got to sleep in -- that means past 8 a.m. for the first Saturday all summer. Then got to golf 18 holes on a most sunny and warm day.

Today's course was the Peninsula State Park Golf Course. Pretty course. Some elevation changes and plenty of views of the Ephraim harbor on the course. That was cool. Took plenty of photos and took plenty of shots, too. This is only my third time golfing this summer -- the other times were with Scott & Sandy, too -- so I can't expect to be good and I'm not. Still lots of fun.

On the way back to the cottage, we stopped for ice cream/frozen custard at a place called Not Licked Yet. Sort of sounds naughty for those with their mind in the gutter. But for real, the flavor of the day was "50 Shades of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough"! What Christian Grey fan could resist that? It was pretty tasty, that's for sure.

Got back to the cottage and went for a swim in the bay. Yes, it's technically Green Bay but I just can't stomach calling it that! We cruised around in the golf cart to dry off and now we've got chicken on the grill. I better head back.

Gotta clean my plate so I can have s'mores over the fire later! Yup, life on the peninsula is paradise!

No comments: